Saturday, January 19, 2013

winter has arrived

Going back and forth between Florida and England in December/January has made it hard for my body to decide whether it is winter or not.

There's no longer any uncertainty.










Yesterday morning (pictured) marked the first day that I went for a run in the snow. Like actual snow. Falling. In the air. [In high school I remember running at the State Cross Country Championships and having to clap my shoes together at the starting line to get ice off my spike plate. But that was just heavy frost on the ground; this is different.]

I survived. Whew.

I took all those pictures (above) while walking back from breakfast, but the snow fell all day and got significantly thicker. I did my best to acquire a sled, to no avail. Guess I'll have to go to the library today instead :(


Happy Winter, err'body!
-M

No comments:

Post a Comment