Friday, December 23, 2011

santy clause is coming! santy clause is coming!

Merry Christmas-Eve-eve, y'all! (And Happy 4th day of Hannukah, too!)

This year we went au naturel with the xmas tree. Straight out of a north florida pine forest (we got permission, don't worry). It might not be for everyone, but I personally love it. So does my kitty.
it looks better with the lights on. and i didn't fit the whole tree in this pic. don't hate.
As much as I don't prefer today's commercialized version of Christmas, I really do love the holiday season. I can't deny it. Things I have to look forward to in the coming days include:

  • Secret Santa gift exchange with the Andrews kids!
  • a Harper sibling reunion
  • Christmas Eve service (still need to decide which one I'm going to...Any recs?)
  • A Harper family gathering for my granny's 89th bday (she's an xmas baby)
  • bon fire!
  • family movie night (can you tell I like family stuff??)
  • sailing/fishing extravaganza for a friend's bday
  • lord of the rings marathon. yep, you're jealous.
  • annual Harper-Detscher soccer match-up. 

Dang. That's an even better list than I thought! Now off to wrap some presents, and not listen to Christmas music. But first, here's a festive 'toon. (If you haven't seen It's a Wonderful Life, go do it now.)


So HAPPY HOLIDAYS, folks. I hope your list of seasonal fun comes to fruition beautifully!
~M

4 comments:

  1. Nice post, may god bless you. Thanks for sharing this.
    also checkout Nulls Clash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish santa gifts me a GF I need it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your post is helping me a lot. Its really nice and epic. Thanks a lot for the useful info on this topic. You did it so much well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent Content. I enjoy how you present. Continue to impart more information.

    ReplyDelete