Tuesday, February 21, 2012

My favorite meal of the day


Whether it's oatmeal, pancakes, a frittata, cereal, waffles, grits, french toast, an omelet, toast&jam[...okay, okay, you get the point], or something else delicious that I find in the kitchen and deem suitable,  

breakfast is hands down my favorite meal of the day. 

The favorable food options are, of course, a big part of the equation, but it's more than that--
It's the quiet of the morning, or the hustle and bustle of getting ready; the beginning of a new day, or the reminiscing on a fun night before; a daily devotional, or an internet catch-up session. It's alone time. It's family time. Whatever the setting, whatever the reason, breakfast is my favorite.

Today my mom treated me to the most delicious breakfast this short-on-funds post-grad-pre-grad-school girl has had in a while.


We went to a new place in town, an absolutely charming place called Paisley Cafe. Situated in the growing Midtown area of Tallahassee, this gem offered up an oustanding plate of smoked gouda grits, fresh-and-local andouille sausage, and blueberry scones for our eating pleasure. I intended to snap a pic of the dish, but admit I got so wrapped up in the meal and my time with Mommy that I forgot. You'll just have to take my word for it :)


Have you been there yet for breakfast or lunch?? If you have, be sure to leave a comment with what yummy (or not-so-yummy??) creation you had there!

If you haven't been yet, you can check out Paisley Cafe's website here. They post their daily menu every morning on facebook. Hope you get a chance to visit. (And if you do, be sure to let me know how their Nutella Bread Pudding is! I'm dying to try it...but it'll have to wait until after Easter now I guess. [foreshadowing...])

Happy [Fat]Tuesday!
-M


1 comment: