Sunday, February 05, 2012

A paradoxical life.

   "When I get honest, I admit I am a bundle of paradoxes. I believe and I doubt, I hope and get discouraged, I love and I hate, I feel bad about feeling good, I feel guilty about not feeling guilty. I am trusting and suspicious. I am honest and I still play games. Aristotle said I am a rational animal; I say I am an angel with an incredible capacity for beer.
     To live by grace means to acknowledge my whole life story, the light side and the dark. In admitting my shadow side, I learn who I am and what God's grace means."
-Brennan Manning in The Ragamuffin Gospel

As I make my way through this list of books, I hope you don't mind if I pick some passages here and there to post. I'll try to limit them to one a day, but I won't make any promises : )
-M

No comments:

Post a Comment