Sunday, February 12, 2012

Stadiums

I grew up in Tallahassee. My oldest brother went to the University of Miami for college. My other brother stayed true to his roots and became a Seminole. Then Z, with four siblings, two parents, and countless other cousins and aunts/uncles (okay, not countless, but I don't feel like counting at the moment) who went to FSU, decided to go against the grain and become a Gator. As a Hatter myself, I never had to worry about my own football team (there wasn't one), so I always had my bases covered with the three of those guys as my reps for each school. It was a win-win[-win].

About a month ago, I joined my brother and his fiancée at Doak to do my first ever "stadiums." It was tough. I definitely felt accomplished (and tired) afterward.
FSU's Doak Campbell Stadium.

Today, Z's roommate and I jogged over to The Swamp to do my second ever stadium workout. Verdict:
also tough. In fact, I'm here to tell you all that stadiums at The Swamp and harder than stadiums at Doak. Sorry 'Noles. I literally couldn't make it all the way to the top today.* When the bleachers get steep, they get real steep.
UF's Ben Hill Griffin Stadium.
So there's that. Cheers to a good workout!

*When I did both of these workouts, I stepped directly on the metal bleachers themselves. I can't vouch for which stadium is the biggest threat when using the stairs.

1 comment:

  1. when Ryann and I went to visit UF's campus back in the day, all I remember is that I climbed like a trillion stairs. literally my calves were burning after that visit. so I believe you. Those gators must all have great buns and thighs. (ironically I can't picture an actual alligator climbing stairs). woot for running! keep it up!

    ReplyDelete