Monday, April 16, 2012

Buon Compleanno!

Hehe, woops. I've been at my cousins' (as opposed to my aunt's) house [i.e. w/out camera cord] for so long that I forgot that I still haven't shared what I did for my birthday... Wait no longer.

I'm not one to throw a big fuss about anything, so I just wanted to pass the day in relaxation. My cousin and I went to a nearby town to watch an Inter match with some pals, then we came back for dinner with the fam.
My cousin made me a super creative fruit basket [the artistic ability present in most of my family members seems to have skipped over me], and if you know me, you know I love fruit.


She also made me her homemade pizza...

...and I do have to say: Dem Italians know how to do it right.

If you can believe it, my pictures of the FIVE pizzas that we ate have mysteriously disappeared, so you'll just have to take my word for it: We stuffed our faces. 
Here's the table setting, if that's any consolation. That pic didn't disappear for some reason...go figure.


After dinner, we ate a delicious homemade chocolate torte while I opened a few little gifts.


It is official, I need to sit down and practice blowing out candles. [Much like that artistic-ness (it's a word, yeah?) that I mentioned, the much-needed skill of candle-blowing-outing also skipped right over me...]
Note the perplexed look, visible in my furrowed brow... 


It was a relaxed birthday, as I said, and I couldn't have asked for a nicer family to share it with. 
Here's me with the cooks (and my slippers).

 Happy Birthday to me!
-M

No comments:

Post a Comment